Now that fall is in full effect, it is definitely acceptable to partake in some #basic fall festivities. A trip to the pumpkin patch, pumpkin spice lattes, crisp walks with your pup-kin are what fall is all about! To help you celebrate the season, try these easy at home fall recipes both you and your dog can enjoy. One at home pumpkin spice latte for you, and some easy DIY pumpkin dog treats for your furry best friend coming right up!
#basic fall festivities: DIY at home pumpkin spice latte and pup-kin spice dog treat recipes
pup-kin spice dog treats
you will need:
- 1 Cup 100% Pumpkin Puree (make sure you use 100% pumpkin puree and do not use pumpkin pie filling) tip: your vet may have a brand of pumpkin puree they recommend using
- 2 Cup Plain Oats
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Ice cube tray or decorative silicone ice mold (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Add oats, pumpkin puree, and beaten egg to a food processor or large bowl
- Mix all three ingredients until well formed into a dough
- Spoon dough into ice cube tray, shape with a silicone mold or roll into 1-inch discs
- Place treats in oven on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes
- Let treats cool completely before giving to your pup
Friendly reminder: it’s important to always consult your vet before introducing anything new to your pet's diet. As with any new treat or toy, it is best to supervise your pet while they enjoy it.
at home easy pumpkin spice latte
you will need:
- 1 serving of your favorite coffee, brewed
- Pumpkin spice creamer
- Cinnamon powder (to your taste preference)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- An adorable coffee mug
- Brew up your favorite coffee. If you are using coffee grounds at home, try sprinkling a little cinnamon powder on top of the grounds before you brew
- If you have a hand frothier, froth some pumpkin spice creamer and pour into a mug.
- No frothier? No problem! Whisk your creamer by hand before adding to the coffee for that frothy latte like taste.
- Add creamer to your brewed coffee
- For an extra treat, top with whipped cream and cinnamon powder
Treats all around for both you and your dog! Enjoy the "me & my pet" gift set featuring a cute #basic mug to sip your latte in and a latte themed dog toy for your pup. Indulging my at home latte was much sweeter when my dog, Tucker could join in on the fun with his pup-a-cino themed toy! Fair warning, if your dog is anything like mine they might go for a taste of that whipped cream topped latte! If you and your dog enjoy these easy DIY fall treats, don't forget to tag us on social media.
me & my pet gift set can be found at Target
and in stores